Sunday, September 21, 2008

Micropop's Chanteuse of the Week


Brigitte Fontaine and Art Ensemble!?


WTF?

This unlikely combo, which, I guess isn't that weird if you think about it calmly since I guess the Art Ensemble of Chicago is so cool they're everywhere (especially Paris in les 60 années), and well-connected hip Parisians comme Brigitte get to rock out with cool people.

She sounds like she looks–the OG oldschool originatress of wispy whispering intimate close-mic singing, along with that other muse of Serge called Jane Birkin.

And then there's Art Ensemble.

Pourquois?

If I had my way, the Art Ensemble would go more all out on the recording. But the album has her face on it, so I guess they had to be the back-up band.

Album: Comme à la radio
Song: Comme à la radio
Year: 1969
micropop rating: ????? out of five stars

Check it out, and let me know what you think, because mmm is totally confused.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WfVir1_Edc

No comments:

 
Hit Counters